View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 10:26 PM   #15
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Before I go into what I did today, I have a question I am hoping someone can help with. I tried searching the forum and can't find the answer.

How high does the back of the floor pan sit? Is it supposed to sit all the way down into the lip on the back center of the cab? Or does it sit a bit higher? I am guessing a bit higher since all the way down, it does not make contact with the L/S rear pillar which I fortunately never removed from the cab.

The best way I could think of measuring the floor height is from the ridge above the floor. This is what I came up with:

I decided to work on the R/S rear pillar and I actually think I did a decent job cutting it. After I finished cutting it, I remember that I still have the original part, and surprise, they appear to be about the same.

I am thinking that I should leave the floor as it sits now, so it's touching the rear pillars. Once I determine that, I will try to tack weld the pillar in place.

Here are the pics. Totally amazed I did not screw this up.

The part has this extra piece that is not on the original (marked with X's). Will it get in the way, or should I leave it there?

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote