View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 10:55 AM   #17
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
I don't have any of the answers your looking for but its good to see you back at it, the best advice i can give is before something is cut out or apart take a lot of measurements and pictures.

My floor dropped overnight on me and it messed up some of my fitting as well, i came to the conclusion that when i do this the first thing is to cut the a pillar and finalize the replacement pillar, then transfer the support holes to it before any floor removal, that way you have a reference point to go back too to get the floor, support, floor and inner kick panel trimmed properly. for me it was a school of hard knocks for sure. Hopefully the other side will be much quicker.
Thanks! As far as taking measurements go, that ship has sailed! Measurements? What's that?

I do have pics from before I dropped the old floor, so I will check those (thanks for reminding me), and there are the holes I drilled out the spot welds with in the back of the cab, so that helps also although it's not a perfect guide.

The one thing I did do was when I painted the back of the cab with weld through primer, for the most part I stayed in the area where the old floor pan was. So I do have some guides to use for judging the height, but if someone can measure their cab floor the same way I did, it might help. (Dan / Scott, are you reading this?)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote