View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 02:07 PM   #1326
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubie View Post
I'm going to be swapping out my dropped axle after this cruising season is over Dan. After running it without any issues for 3 years, I decided I want a bit more comfort for our rough northern roads. So I'll be swapping in a Camaro clip in the fall. It was the plan I had in my mind right from the start but I ended up listening to a couple outside sources instead of trusting my gut.
Originally I was going to do a Sid's 3" dropped axle, Posie's Superslide axles, power disc conversion and some kind of power steering setup. My thinking was that the early Ford guys all run their originally suspensions with dropped axles and even drum brakes albeit the large finned Mercury or Buick drums.

I even thought someday soon this setup will be the desired one since so many frames were chopped in half for Camaro clips. But I kept reading the cost will be the same or more than an IFS setup and I wouldn't need to cut my frame so my mind began to change. The last straw was a then-recent tax return check in hand that coincided with finding a new, never-installed Fatman kit for about $4-500 below retail on Craigslist and it was local to me. I've been sliding down the "slippery slope" ever since!!

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote