View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 07:31 PM   #734
SS Tim

Re: Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
Interesting point Colin. I have original buckets with the console and new foam for my Highlander and next is to order the seat covers. My plan is to order the green plaid covers like used on Blazers but weren't available for pickups. I do have thoughts of maybe going with the scroll parchment seat covers instead or like you the Cheyenne cloth. I'm thinking as I'm scraping the money together for the covers.
Any way you do it the result won't be factory correct.
a couple of poins to remember are that the Blazer Highlander was based on the CST~Cheyenne trim and not the Custom Deluxe as the Pickup and Suburban Highlanders were.
Chevrolet didn't offer bucket seat upgrades on Custom Deluxe pickups. Base truck buckets were offered as well as the Cheyenne and Supers (using Cheyenne vinyle seats).

In fact Highlander Blazers were the only CK series trucks offered with cloth insert buckets. All those Houndstooh buckets are aftermarket creations.

If you simply must install bucket seats, remember the floor cross brace/reinforcement (p/n 3990368) is an important component to bring the floor to factory A50 specs.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote