View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 10:09 AM   #51
BrianG

Re: Best brand of windshield?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
Bumpity bump-bump. Hey Brian - any updates?
Sorry, everyone. I have not been on here a lot lately. The windshield came very nicely packed. It was the correct fully lightly tinted model that I was looking for. It was slightly thinner than the original one that I had, but when looking at the side it seemed to be three ply where the original looked like two. That could just be the way things looked though. I have no way to confirm how many ply's either were. I had a glass installer do the actual install. I helped him do it. Before he got there, he wanted me to have the gasket and trim on it. I had brand new trim. I fought with the new trim for a while before deciding to try the original trim. The original trim fit like a glove. So, I spent the time to polish it and remove a few small dings. I also bought a new back window. I had the same issue. The brand new back trim fit like garbage in the corners. And I bought them both from a well known vender that advertises here quite often. My wife and I put the back window in ourselves with no issues (other than the trim not staying tight in the upper corners). The only issue that I have with the windshield is that on the top driver's side, on the inside the seal is a little rippled. That seems to be a common issue. I guess starting the install from the top helps to avoid this. The guy that did mine wanted to start on the bottom. He said that the seal would start to settle in after a while. It may be doing that a little, its hard to tell. I doesn't really look that bad. It looks great from the outside.

So... I would say that I would recommend the windshield and back window from Summit. They are OER branded, and other retailer's carry them as well. Summit is really good to work usually if you have an issue, so I went with them.
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote