View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 02:03 AM   #237
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: Reconditioned gauge Clusters F/S

Quote:
Originally Posted by robs71k5 View Post
Have a problem with my speedometer . I replaced the cable when it broke and replaced it with a new one but then the speedo started making noise and the speedo was jumping so I purchased another new cable and installed, the noise has been reduced but it hasn't gone away so now I'm thinking it might be the speedo itself . I had the speedo set to zero when My truck was completed . It now has 9000 miles on it . The miles are still adding up but the noise is driving me crazy. What would happen if I gave it a shot of WD. Or another solution might feel to purchase anothe speedometer if you can match the miles . Suggestions thanks Rob
Hi Rob,

I prefer dry or wet graphite on the speedometer cable and on the back of the speedo where the cable hooks up. It will stay in place much better than WD. WD will/should provide a temporary fix for the noise but graphite is much better as a lubricant.

If you wanted to send me your speedometer, I could hook it up to my calibration machine and check it out. Most likely the frame bushings are wore. This will cause noise as well as needle bounce.

If you want a replacement speedometer, I can put a nice one together for you. I can set mileage to whatever you like. It will be calibrated, quite and no needle bounce.

You can send me a PM if preferred to discuss details.

Thank you,
Tom
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote