View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 03:44 AM   #574
un4gvn!

Re: 67-72 cab corner 6x9 speaker brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Performance View Post
I will know more this weekend. Got sidetracked with work and shows. Just got back and now have a weekend. From my first inspection, they seem to fit Ok, with the bottom needing tobe trimmed off at an angle. I am going to take some more measurements and mock up cardboard, then cut. If I can leave a small piece I can fold over, it will allow an attaching point at the bottom.
I bought a set some time ago. I installed mine in a 69 cst10 about a month ago. Mine must of been for the early year trucks, because it was short at the bottom by one inch. I made it work. I made longer brackets to anchor it to the floor. It worked out great for the wiring. I bought a Kenwood stereo system, door speakers, 6x9s, amp, woofer, whole nine yards. I put down sound deadener even on the back of the speaker brackets. Before I cut my doors, I played the stereo with just the 6x9s and it sound awesome. My stereo volume goes up to 40. I never go pass 30 and it is super loud. I decided not to cut my doors or use the amp and woofer. I'm 55 years old and with just the 6x9s is good enough for me.
un4gvn! is offline   Reply With Quote