View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 05:52 PM   #2200
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

On Monday night I made a kiln dried sand and cement powder mix which I brushed and tamped in on the groove from the inside of the garage, leaving it to go off by itself.
Again, happy with the result.

Because Nicola and I are trying to do this whole split with no malice and anger, we are both gathering bits to fill the holes, so the spare room for instance will be completely empty as she brought her main bedroom here when we moved here, so I need to set it up as a spare room in case one of the Americans happen to visit, or my brother pops over for a month.

So on Sunday I found these two bedside units for £30.00 then sent Nicola in for the kill and got the pair for £20.00

Tonight after work I popped in at a village three miles from home to pick up the most awesome pair of solid wood hexagonal bedside units that Nicola had found on Schpock for a final price of £35.00 the pair, I would say they were easily £100.00 each before.

Anyway, the house next to where I picked them up, had a wardrobe outside, ready for tomorrow's refuse collection, so I knocked and asked if it was going out, and if I could have it, yes please have it was the reply. So I came home and offloaded the units from the car, went to my neighbour and borrowed his Toyota Hiace van and went to collect the Tallboy wardrobe, it needs a little bit of attention and a new drawer knob. Brought it home, unpacked and checked it out. Very happy is all I can say, especially after seeing what they do cost.

Harley was very taken with the van too, such a weird cat, loving dirty, dusty, manly spaces. She actually protested when I put her out of the van.

Last thought for the day........

A motto I need to remember more often.

Almost the weekend.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote