View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 11:33 PM   #8
swamp rat

Re: What is this bracket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipescastle2 View Post
The tilt columns do have an internal detent plate, if you look at the shift levers for both non tilt and tilt, you will notice the non tilt columns have a pointed end with a small "ball" at the end, where the tilt column shifter has a "Curved" end.
The curved end has a center divider that fits into the gates of the detent plate.
As "LocDoc" mentioned, having two people to adjust your linkage will make adjustments easier. I had to do it myself, many adjustments, but I installed a 700R4 in mine, and I made an adjustable shift rod with rod ends, sort of like a "turn buckle" right hand thread on one end and left hand thread at the other.
At least they make the overdrive indicator for the tilt columns.
Have a good one!
Ben
I appreciate everyone's help, now I'm a bit concerned tho, i don't think my tilt came with a shift arm, only the turn and tilt arm I wish i could see a comparison pic of what your referring too..

Cant post a pic now but its in my build thread, The shift lever was knocked out of park in the earlier picture, my adjustment was fine.. But the column has been pulled for the tilt to be installed, so i hope i won't be in limbo without a shift arm....

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote