View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 05:33 AM   #41
GR8-68

Re: Thoughts on this truck....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Vin CE148B1028**

V8 1/2 ton 68 Baltimore something tells me this old truck has stories to tell yet , I can't wait to dig thru it and see what's really going on .if the cab doesn't have major issues I have all the parts to put it back together as a Chevy with a coil spring rear frame using parts from a long bed frame I've been looking to sell . I also have a very nice Gmc frame that needs a rear axle . Can anyone tell how many nubs are on those wheels ? You know sometimes buying these things sight unseen can be an adventure in its self .Like I needed one more project ,I just can't keep from buying somewhat intact $500.00 trucks ! And it's only 70 miles away .

I mean really it's priced at scrap value .
I am the same way Grumpy, I just missed another 72 for 300.00 I can make more than that in one part !! How many rust buckets have you seen on here as projects that turn into gems ? ALOT !! My 68 was worse than that one you just bought, I honestly do not even have much left of the original truck Left after I removed all the parts that were bad I am glad to see someone save this gem from the crusher

It is easily overlooked that what is now called vintage was once brand new.

"Project 68"

paypal.me/ldgrant
GR8-68 is offline   Reply With Quote