Thread: Stolen....
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 06:51 AM   #55
Mrturner1

Re: Stolen....

So sorry to hear about your truck being gone, what a sad and helpless feeling. I was selling a classic Mustang a few years back and me wanting to believe in people just let this guy and his "son" test drive it and they never came back, just like that. ID was fake and well made, cops found the frame and wheels in a field and charged ME 1600$ bucks for the tow and impound. As for your situation...

We need more pics and details man, help us help you. There are ALOT of guys from all over on this website and me personally, I NEVER miss a 67-72 pickup driving by or parked while I'm out and about and I doubt these other guys do either. Davepl is really on to something with the lisence plate thing, as are a few other members.

The bad news is that this kind of thing was more than likely planned and carried out by experienced thieves who make a living this way, are very coordinated and meticulous about how and when they nab people's stuff. In this kind of case they are quick to dismantle and sell parts, even painting the recognizable ones, however you and everyone else on this site can keep a sharp eye out on CL and swap meets.

The good news is every once in a while the vehicle will just pop up somewhere either untouched and joy riden or lightly stripped of the easy take aways. And on a rare occasion these guys get caught and things just seem to work in your favor. Don't give up hope on gettin your truck back, and be proactive man! Give us some pics and info so we can help out, because you can bet there are more than a few guys here that are emotionally charged by this and ready to do what it takes. The classic truck crowd is typically some good old boys and some young guys such as myself, and we don't like thieves.

Glad to see some prayers out there, I hope this thread stays alive and we all get to enjoy a good ending to you getting your truck back.

Matt
Mrturner1 is offline   Reply With Quote