Thread: Stolen....
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 06:20 PM   #73
In The Ten Ring

Re: Stolen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 IRON View Post
It was taken from the lot on 348th and 9th....south of that location. To throw more confusion and frustration in, I get reports of friends who say they think they've seen it exiting the freeway near your pictured location and on a flatbed tow truck 40 miles south where I live! I just wish someone could follow it!
If I saw it, I'd follow it. I've done that to several drunks, one trucker that tried to run me off the road, and one BOL (Be On the Lookout) that came across the scanner, until police were able to get there and effect the stop. Not much chance it would come to WV but oh boy, I wish it would.

It's not illegal to follow someone and reporting a "suspicious vehicle" gives police "probable cause" to effect a stop. I used to do ride-alongs with police and I know that first-hand. *I like to close in until I can memorize the license number and then back off 60 to 100 yards and maintain contact, reporting all changes of location and direction of travel to 911 or highway patrol, depending on what road I am on. *Give it to police in this order: license plate state, number (use phonic alphabet like you learned/would have learned in the military), color, make, and model of vehicle, and anything particular about it (roof rack, etc.). Getting too close spooks the quarry and you don't want to be "chasing" them unless you know it's a kidnapping, then (as far as I am concerned) all bets are off and I'll gladly do jail time if it means stopping that. Of course if I'm sure it's a kidnapping I may be doing a lot more than just following..... ;-) My mother was chased by 5 men on foot once.....I take that kidnapping stuff personal.

I'll keep praying for you brother.

Last edited by In The Ten Ring; 07-24-2016 at 06:26 PM.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote