View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 08:21 PM   #7
Overdriven

Re: 1970 c10 bagged value please??

Dented up grill, I see some dents on the bed, side trim doesn't line up, can't tell if the hood is wavy or if it's the lighting. "Rockers, cab corners ect are pretty solid" isn't very promising. They're either solid, Rusty or rotted through. "Pretty solid" in an Internet ad usually means they need to be replaced because they're damn rusty and thin but not quite rotted through so we sprayed some undercoating on them to hide the rust. There's a few other things I see that indicate the build was rushed more than it should've been. These effect not only value but also how quickly you can sell, you're going to be waiting longer for a person who is willing to settle for a truck with these faults. And at that price those people are going to be few and far between as they're what's generally referred to as suckers.

From what I can see this truck was a quicky build by someone trying to make a profit. Cake decorator style like most of these reality tv car shows. Slap on an air ride, some wheels and seats in cheap clapped out ride. Paint is cheaper than replacing chrome so paint everything, surprised they didn't smooth out the bumps better though. Either that it was an amateur in his garage who just didn't know better and had it painted in hopes of dumping it quicker and for more $. Stop watching those reality car shows though. The only way they make $ on cars is by screwing people over and artificially raising car prices for the rest of us. Rare cars are investments when you don't drive them, everything else you need to get a good deal when you buy and dump $ into it to make any $ on it.

Last edited by Overdriven; 07-26-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote