View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 05:06 PM   #189
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
getting there! patch work looks great

soapbox:

I have noticed that they are trying to upsell memberships, they did away with automatic resizing of photos (to save space) and you can only upload at full resolution now (you can still choose to display at a lower resolution, but can only upload at full res) and when you get to 85% they start hounding you to upgrade. even if you go delete 30 photos, it only gives you an additional 3% of space and your next 3 uploads will trip it at 85% again. I have deleted 200 photos and only gained 8% space, and I resize to 800x600 before uploading now and it only takes 10-12 pictures to trip the 85% again. its a shame when companies act like this.

/soapbox
The part that annoys me the most is when they are doing some form of maintenance (I'm guessing) and you try to log in, but get a user ID/password mismatch message. It usually takes me a few times to remember this is what is going on.

I get what you mean about the resolution and storage space. To date, I've only used about 24% of the capacity for my account, and I do upload a lot of pictures beyond what is in this build. I've gotten in to the habit of uploading from my phone or iPad, as the pop-up ads that open in a separate window really seem to wreak havoc on my PC. I'd cut Photobucket loose if it weren't for all the linked images.

-Joe