View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 08:46 PM   #43
WOLFMANmike

Re: WOLFMANmike's 65 C10 Build

so now during this job because i dont have the proper tools and jack stands and such in the process of pulling out the trans we cracked my header but we got it out finely and the new one in its place ... no trans jack just my floor jack. Guess what its no easy task to lift underneath the truck a trans and get it to stay on the small pedestal of the jack and there was not enough room for wood to make it more stable but we finely got it and then bolted up and installed the Lokar Shifter . the PO put in a broken B&M ratchet shifter ... and guys the damn thing was not even bolted to the floor . nope just pushed the mount bolts through the holes no nuts and called it good Guys this is my daily driver so you can just imagine how much of a relief it was to have a new properly working shifter in it . oh yeah and the old one was set up so poorly that it could not get all gears either park N R D not 2nd and no 1st lol .. here are pics of the new trans and shifter and you will notice the trans mount is in place in the holes that were there already took some pushing and a few hits with a BFH but its in and bolted lol LAZY PO
Attached Images

WOLFMANmike is offline   Reply With Quote