View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 08:08 AM   #190
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

When I installed the passenger side floor panel, I didn't need the full length to the seat riser, so I trimmed off a few inches, not realizing it would come in handy later.

While clearing out the cab for welding, I spotted a pinhole on the driver's side floor board. After hitting it with the wire brush, this is what it looks like...

I figure there is enough left over metal to replace what is thin and call it good. In the long run, the underside of the cab floor will be covered with Herculiner and the inside of the cab will be POR-15 under the insulation.

On a side note, I finally got the driver's side wheel well stripped and primed with a clear top coat for now. The paint under the white is roughly six layers, as best as I can tell. There is whatever the factory used under the original turquoise, the turquoise paint itself, a cost of primer over that, followed by red, followed by primer again, followed by the white top coat. I have a lot of prep work ahead of me.

Here is the driver's side inner wheel well in primer.

It's been too steamy outside to want to mess with the driver's side floor. There is no breeze right now and the rain the other night has turned my work area into a sauna.

In other news, I did get an early start and scored some decent seats the other morning.

They're in decent shape and came from a 1996 Grand Cherokee, so they have adjustable headrests. They don't have power bases, yet, but for $20 each they were too good to pass up. It must have been destiny, because they were already unbolted and ready to go.

-Joe