View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 12:22 AM   #338
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Are you going to try and spray any kind of Rust Mort or Phosphorus acid Or Ospho up the A pillar? If you are i would do it while you can access the inside. Its Up to you of course to do this, many don't. I did mine with a Pump up sprayer and i cut the brass wand and put a length of clear plastic hose between the trigger and nozzle. The chemical you use has to be a liquid of course.

Your spot welder welds on the kick panel to firewall do look to be way too hot on the amperage, the rest looks good to me.
You are right about the spot welds. When I let up on the power early, it was not long enough, so I over-compensated. Even though I practiced, it was tough getting the right amount of time down. I hit the inside with a quick tack weld as well just to fill it in a bit and give it a little extra support, I should probably do the same on the outside. It is holding together very well as it is now.

It was still way easier using the spot welder, than trying to spot weld with the MIG. But, I really do need to practice my welding more.

That is a great idea that you did with the pump sprayer. Wish I had thought of something like that. I do plan to paint the inside. I purchased a can of Eastwoods' internal frame coating which comes with a flexible nozzle spray tube. I am hoping to re-use the nozzle in the future with other cans of paint assuming it does not get clogged and damaged. I used it once before and it works pretty well from what I can remember; I just can't find the old can or spray nozzle. If it does not work out, your pump sprayer fix is my Plan B.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote