View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 02:52 PM   #13
Cesar Diaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
I don't know if it would burn out the coil but that would be the reason the engine wouldn't shut off with the key....

Without being there it is really hard for me to diagnose this type of problem but it is obviously in the wiring. Was the instrument cluster changed from idiot lights to gauges by any chance? The wiring has to be changed on the cluster connector if that is done.

Has the ignition switch been changed out? There are two different ignition switches: '67 & early '68 (no accessory position) and late '68-'72 with an accessory position. The wiring is also different between the two.

LockDoc

LockDoc
We got the truck from an indian reservation in Nee Mexico it's 90% original switch looks to be original. I noticed pigtail to ignition switch has less wires the. # of pins on switch. We did remove clean and attach a new gauge bezel but gauges are original. Everything but Tach and oil pressure works. There's an alternate oil pressure gauge. I removed switch and there is still power to ign unfused and to coil. I will check starter wired we did Install a new battery cable maybe we wired it to the wrong post on starter. Also noticed a pigtail on HEI dust that is not connected to anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Cesar Diaz; 08-02-2016 at 02:59 PM.
Cesar Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote