View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 09:56 AM   #14
special-K
Special Order

Re: Summit Bed Mat is awesome

Putting a bed mat in my '72 K/20 Cheyenne Super Custom Camper with wood floor was the dumbest thing I had done at that time. The first time I removed it I was greeted by rotting wood when it was good and solid original wood before. I realize some trucks spend most time in a garage except to go out on sunny days, but they get washed and there can always be that pop-up shower we didn't expect. I recommend any time there is any moisture involved at all to remove and let the bed and mat get completely dry before putting back. When washing, remove the mat and don't put back till dry as a bone. No moisture escapes. There is also always the possibility of condensation. For these reasons, I will never again use a bed mat, unless it's to drop in to haul something and remve once unloaded. IMO they are a bad idea

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote