View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 09:09 AM   #9
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Re: Leaf Spring Reduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badgmc View Post
If you want to go lower than 4", it doesn't matter how you get there, you're still going to need a c-notch. So, if you really don't want to notch it, then stick with your shackles and hangers and call it done. If you can accept the fact that you'll have to notch it for more than 4", I would suggest just going ahead and getting a flip kit/c-notch. The install will be easier than having to deal with hangers and it would ride better than removing leafs to get down.
I agree. A flip kit and C-notch is the way to go. Lowering more from there is easy if desired.

If you use it as a truck and haul stuff removing the overload spring or an intermediate leaf is a bad idea. My 89 when it was on air bags had the flip kit & C-notch plus the forward spring eye drop brackets along with single leaf springs. It was worthless without a bunch of air in the bags which raised it up close to a stock ride height. I swapped out the single leaf setup for a stock C1500 leaf stack and it was much better. Lost a couple inches of drop when aired out but well worth it for being able to use it as a truck and haul stuff with a nice stance too.
68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote