Thread: Whiplash
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 01:11 PM   #36
AnotherWs6

Re: Whiplash

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
No, but as I bet you'd tell me if I asked: I'm not building it to suit anyone else but myself.

When the original wheels and NOS caps go on this week it'll look more correct than most, which is good enough for me. Externally and internally and underhood it will appear stock. Which is why Hemmings Classic Car is coming to photograph it for their mag/calendar!
I agree with davepl in general. It is a basic safety feature that is glaringly missing. It's not getting crazy with modern things. It's just part of basic common sense - keep the passengers restrained. That means forward and backward. It wouldn't take a semi plowing into you at sixty mph to do damage to your neck. I think a head restraint is perfectly reasonable.

And sometime we do have to make some choices that don't look very aesthetic for safety. I'm talking about car seats. My two year old daughter can't just sit on mommy's lap when she's in the truck. I WISH she could. Hey, I wish she could just bounce around all over as she pleased as we cruised down the road. But I of course love her enough to make sure that she is ALWAYS buckled in to a proper, modern car seat.

Anybody know where the kids and the dog went when Dad took the truck into town or fishing or something? (You'd be pulled over on site around here, good chance of getting arrested too)
2010 Cadillac CTS Wagon Sport - Wife's DD and the only classy car we have.
AnotherWs6 is offline   Reply With Quote