View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 01:38 AM   #4106
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Looked at a parts truck. 72 Super with every option. The engine sounds great, it has many nice parts, and the references I'm looking for (e.g., trim hole locations). It's mostly stock and the SPID correct. Factory A/C still installed (doesn't work), but bonus. The cab is toast in my novice opinion. Rust has eaten through the top gutter, front corners and likely the rear corners too. Some front fender rust too, eaten through. I didn't even take it for a spin, but I've since left a message with the seller he has a deal if the tranny, suspension, rear-end and steering check out. It's not expensive.

So anyway, that's what I did "for" my truck anyway. Peter to pay paul on location. Hope I get it.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025