View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 04:23 PM   #2
MMcMasters

Re: 1970 Med Olive Project

I ordered complete Porterbuilt front and rear extreme dropmember's months ago. I also got their tubular arms, CPP spindles,R&P, sway bars and crossmembers.

Since I knew it would be awhile until my order arrived I started getting the drivetrain in order. I found a low mileage L96 from my local Pick a Part. The L96 is the iron block,flex fuel version of the L92. It has VVT but does not have DOD.

What started as a cam change and elimination of VVT, turned into a full tear down because of the #2 cam bearing that had some abnormal wear. Since it was coming apart anyway I went ahead and had the crank polished, new cam bearings installed and the blocked was hot tanked.

I called Brian Tooley Racing and ordered up one of his LS3 Stage 2 cams, along with a set of his platinum springs and Ti retainers, locks and his seals. I also got a new set of LS7 lifters. Since I planned to eliminate the VVT, I ordered a LS2 cam gear, new timing chain, LS2 front cover and a new oil pump.

I got the pump squared up before torquing it down

Best tools I ever bought for assembling an LS engine. Best way to square up the front and rear cover.

I upgraded my rocker trunions as well.

70 Med Olive build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=714804

Instagram- protouring66
MMcMasters is offline   Reply With Quote