View Single Post
Old 03-17-2004, 10:54 AM   #8
dubie

I had an 82 GMC Sierra Classic that I bought off Shawnas dad. The frame had been snapped once in an accident and mickey mouse welded back together. He didn't know anything about this before I bought it tho. So I sold the truck to the auto ranch after driving it for a year or so and started lookign for another truck. SHawna was actually the one that saw the post about it on a bulletin board at our bank. SO I called the guy and it turned out to be a 17 year old kid that had it. He wanted $1500 firm, but I wasn't gonna pay him anything under a FIRM price. I told him I would give him $1200 cash right at that moment. He said NO and I figured that was the end of it. He called me the next day and said he could go as low as $1350, and I told him again, all I have is $1200 max to spend. So he hung up. He called me again 2 days later and took my offer. I bought it with full intentions of keeping it a beater and just abusing the hell out of it. But after finding this board back in 2000, I found a new life for this truck. So thank god for this board or she woud be a little beat up right now

My 56 Chevy shop truck build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=562795
dubie is offline   Reply With Quote