View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 09:37 AM   #10
dmjlambert

Re: Jacking safely for flat tire change

I am not overthinking, I am simply lacking information and equipment. I do not have one of those jacks, and I do not have one of those trucks. The picture for the front end is so crappy I can't figure out where they are placing the jack, and on the back I do not have a place where there are 2 U-bolts. I have a 1969 truck with round springs for suspension.

So far, nobody has been able to answer a single question from the several in my first post on this thread. Except I guess some sort of an unknown height 20 ton bottle jack works for some folks if they don't mind reaching an arm or hand under the vehicle during jacking. I guess we are getting 20 ton jacks for a 2 ton total weight vehicle because the ton rating and minimum and maximum height of the original jack is unknown.

I have a 4 ton bottle jack that I do not feel is safe, and the truck has slipped off of it. I have seen 20 ton bottle jacks that are a little fatter but look similar to my 4 ton bottle jack. I do not like trying to place jack stands under the truck while it is held up by my jack. I do have very good large solid rubber chocks.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote