View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 12:43 PM   #355
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

I have a bunch of rocker panels I bought from someone locally on this forum, however I did not really know what I was doing back then. Most or all of the rocker panels were removed from a truck, and will not work well on mine. I ordered two new panels from Classic Parts.

I am having trouble getting the cab corner to fit properly. It's a bit better but not great. First, I flexed my rear pillar back a bit. Now it sits on top of the reinforced part of the floor pan and I bolted it in. You can see in the dust mark, where it was sitting before.

Here is the problem with the cab corner; When I get everything lined up, the curved part of the piece sticks out. I am thinking of just banging it into position a bit.

If I line it up properly, then I have a problem with the back of the piece.

I can't seem to get the front of the cab corner and the back of it lined up properly.

Going back to the rocker panels. I test fitted the original rocker panel to see how well it fits. It seems to fit okay to me given that it is not complete since I cut it off the cab. I would like to know what anyone else thinks. I am not going to weld anything up until I get the new rockers and see how they fit.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote