View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 04:47 PM   #4
KyleSeal

Re: Carburetor Question (To Jet or to Go Up In CFM)

I actually could not check the timing. What was happening was the truck was feeling like it was misfiring and would be really boggy, especially after a gear shift. I'd nearly need to be on the floor just to keep it from dying (good 5 gallons of gas left). It died on the way home, backfired thru the carb, and I let it cool off a little, and it would give me trouble starting but since I was just a mile from home I just let it bog and act up until I got it home, I thought it was vapor lock.. come to find out the next morning a cold start showed the same backfire! We've mainly been trying to get it to run long enough to heat up to check timing. But the fouled spark plugs and split spark plug wire led me to believe it was really rich running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
Nice truck!

Did you check your ignition timing since the truck started acing up? If not you might want to throw a light on it and check that its still good.

Regarding the Eddy carb, google search for the users manual. You can down load the full manual that will show you proper carb setup for the 1405 and what jet/rod/spring setup to use for your desired AFR. It also gives instructions on setting the idle mix too. Without using an O2 sensor to read A/F ratio I don't know how you would be able to tell which jets you need to move to. There is a chart/graph in the back of the manual which will help you make your selection.

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is offline   Reply With Quote