View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 08:41 PM   #125
Bubba4spd

Re: 1967 Custom Sport Shop Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
I don't drill holes, holes lead to rust, the trim rubbing flush against the paint leads to rust... and I hate rust.

Now a days, I back all my trim with 3M double sided tape. You have to take time to make sure the trim fits right and mark where you want it to go, as you only have one shot to get it right. I didn't take pics of the truck trim, but I installed it like I did on my mustang (starts at post 77):

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=526257&page=4

I always leave the bottoms open or slotted, depending on length of trim or emblem, to let any water that may ever get back there to drop out.
67ChevyRedneck, we use a lot of 3M 300mph tape in my window business. With material cost being what it is, I can't afford my employees to make a mess of putting the tape down wrong. So what we do and we have tested it to be sure it doesn't affect the finish product, we first wet the surface with mild soapy water. It allows the tape to be moved around long enough before it flash dries and takes a set. Once dried, it's there! Has worked for us for many years without any call backs/failures.
Bubba4spd is offline   Reply With Quote