View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 12:34 PM   #310
torchlight

Re: Marvin (1953 3100)

Hey everybody, just a quick update here as we get closer to the end of the summer. Been driving Marvin everywhere that I can and just having a blast! Just a couple small changes recently to share:

Made an adjustment to the coil-overs on all four corners. I'm guessing that the front shocks had "settled" a bit with the driving I've been doing, and the front fenders were down over the tires farther than I prefer, and the back end was starting to kick up pretty high over the rear tires. Started to be at the point where it had quite a rake to it, and mismatched fender/tire openings, so re-adjusted things to get the running boards as close to level with the ground as I could. I think this is better than the rake look on this truck:

Also, used a leaking upper radiator hose as an opportunity to have the steam-port tubing re-done. The way it was before was perfectly functional, but not the cleanest looking install. Here's the new approach, which is plumbed directly into the water pump:

A couple more pics of the new steam tube setup:

For reference, here's a picture of the old setup. I think the new way makes the engine bay look a little cleaner:

And finally, for fun, I had been working on a "garage improvement" project for Marvin to give him a safe place to hang out free from the dangers of bicycles, razor scooters, and hula hoops. Not a lot of room in here to maneuver, but the shelves and drawers make it so that all the "truck stuff" can now be removed from other parts of the home and kept in here. Still working on that, haha:

Marvin looks pretty comfy tucked away in his new "house:"