View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 09:30 PM   #318
torchlight

Re: Marvin (1953 3100)

Hey thanks all for the supportive comments - having the most fun sharing Marvin with with community!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJeep View Post
I got to see Marvin at GoodGuys, very nice truck! I especially like how they did the back of the hood, adding another layer to it like a doorskin to keep it rigid (wish I'd have seen that 6 months ago before mine was painted). The back of the hood flopping around and hitting the cowl is the biggest rattle I'm dealing with now in my truck.

Nice, safe location to keep him in!

Thanks for stopping to take a look! I don't think we got the chance to chat? I might have been off running around somewhere - possibly buying a corn dog. Or two. Looks like this was on Saturday afternoon once the rain finally stopped. Fun show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Lee View Post
Beautiful Truck, i've read thru the build at least 1/2 doz times, lots of great details to see. In post above by BlueJeep he mentions additional layer to back of hood, i can't find this in the build, how/what was added to increase rigidity?
I don't have any good pictures handy right now, but there was some additional metal added along the entire length of the back edge of the hood where it meets the cowl. When I get home from my work travel later this week, I will take a couple pictures and post them up!