Thread: Lss3
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 09:59 PM   #218
69cunningham

Re: Lss3

LSS3 has reached a major milestone today. The engine runs! It was cranked over with the ECM unpowered to check the oil pressure. It got up to 20 PSI after about 10 seconds of cranking. Next, the fuel system was powered to get 60 PSI at the fuel rails. Last, the ECM was powered and the starter engaged. It came to life after just a few cranks. It idles smoothly and revs easily. The cooling system isn’t filled yet nor is the belt installed so I only ran it for about 5 seconds at a time. So far I only started it twice. It sounds mean.

Things are rather cobbled together. The wiring harness is just draped over the engine with a few tie wraps keeping wire away from moving or hot parts.

Ever since I bought the motor I’ve been worried about the throttle body. It is from the 2010 Camaro which uses the 12605109 with a gold colored throttle blade. GM crate engine the ECM was designed to work with uses the 12570790 with a silver blade. I haven’t been able to find enough information comparing the two and thought the gold one might not work. For now, everything seems to be working well. When the pedal is not being pressed, the blade is nearly closed. When fully depressed, the blade just fully opens.
Attached Images

69cunningham is offline   Reply With Quote