View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 10:55 AM   #1096
georgieb51

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkatrux2 View Post
THe truck looked good till got about 50 feet away could tell I had got took. I have bought several trucks on Craigslist never been lied to like this. You put no rust, new motor, new paint call talk to guy about it sounded like good truck. Was told his best friend had truck for 10 years he wanted it bought it. From the pics I had no reason to think different I asked about the rust and motor when talked to him. I don't know what this world comes to when you can't give your word and mean it. I was always taught your word is all you have.
WOW! Thanks for writing back. I guess what it comes down to is whether or not you can trust someone. And that is not easy to do (as you found out). I am in NY and found a truck on CL in CA and had many phone calls with the owner. He was willing to send me additional photos. He even told me about an oil leak that I should get fixed if I planned to drive the truck any distance. In general he was FORTHCOMING, meaning he came forward to help me out. I did not have to pry information out of him. I guess we could start a whole thread on the issues related to buying trucks on CL. And as you found out even going to see the item in person does not mean you are safe. I appreciate the warning you put up about this guy. Is there any way to notify CL or put up an alternative ad on the CL tri-city site warning folks? I hope you can find some peace in the midst of all this. Thanks, george
1967 Chevy K10 Short Stepside, unrestored original.
1969 GMC CST (Longhorn) 396, buckets, unrestored.
1995 GMC K2500, 65,000 miles, 454.