View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 05:43 PM   #2218
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
That is a beautiful view there ,I love to see fields being harvested ,no big farming like that nearby .Saw a lot of that in Michigan last year in our travels .The truck will still love you when the time comes to get back on it .
Thank you John.

I agree, the truck will be there.

This will be another quick n dirty post, a bunch of pics, few words, but you should be able to figure it all out by yourselves.

So Nicola's new home she bought went through on last Wednesday and she got the keys.

Unfortunately, the brain surgeons that Barclays (my bank) retains, dropped the ball repeatedly, and to be honest...... I am tempted to do the feedback on experience, but asked Nicola to do it on our behalf as she is 100 times more brutal and unforgiving than me.

Needless to say, it took a lot of anger management between us not to throw a demonic hand down the phone line and rip out the throat of the brain surgeon who was my case manager.

Still, after much frustration and misunderstandings, which were clearly all my fault, we managed to close Nicola's deal by Wednesday.

So when I got home from working in London, I went home, emptied out my car and loaded it to the point where I was sliding pictures in above all the other stuff, up against the roof. I then took this load to her new place and unloaded it all, then proceeded to paint till late in the night.

Thursday I took a day paid leave and spent all day painting and doing other jobs after taking another load of stuff over for her from Grizz Towers. Finishing and heading home after 22.00

So this is what we started with.

The previous owners must have had shares in Dulux experimental division.

Colours like you won't believe, the dining room had a Nasty Orange, covered by one coat of magnolia etc.

The purple bedroom was chosen to become Nicola's walk in wardrobe. So the colour had to go.

She will be recarpeting the house ASAP too.

And the frames I had previously built for all the hanging space, with shelves incorporated, fitted.

Done.

Main bedroom had this delightful wallpaper as well.

I had bought a wallpaper steamer for £3.00 at a bootfair to deal with it, but on the day she said, lets see what it does when you paint some of it.

So one coat of Magnolia later.......

She still has to deal with the green, wanting to make that white, I thought the green looked OK.

The new colour for the main bedroom will be one wall with this Tuscan Terracota and three walks with a lighter variation.

Bedroom number two, also dealt with in the same random way as the rest of the house will be a teal and white affair.

The lounge and dining room walls were all grubby and needed fresh, different colours too.

So I just kept going, Friday night and then of course Saturday as well.

Finally resulting in this look.

I between there was shelves to fit, make and also the loft to be sorted and again shelving, floor repairs etc to be done.

By Saturday afternoon we were both knackered and tired of each other's company, so I came home and rested.

After all, Sunday was going to be a bootfair day.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote