View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 08:15 AM   #9
Daman

Re: stock vs aftermarket wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
BTW, rallyes aren't stock on these trucks. They are factory, which is a classy way to do a truck compared to aftermarket. But, I don't think wheels would make or break a deal. I'm not paying what Reggie Youngin spent on his big hoops in the cost of the truck anyway. Most who buy those trend wheels do seem to be selling wheels with a truck included. That is the only time wheels scare me away from a deal. I tell them I'll bring rollers, keep the wheels, and subtract the cost. Hasn't worked yet, but maybe one day I'll get a decent truck for $800 and they can keep their $2,400 wheels
LOL This is great.

I was looking at a fun car last year with hideous wheels on it. The car was a survivor and pretty much untouched. The guy didn't know anything about the car but kept going on about the wheels (they cost this much, special ordered and that his recently passed brother picked them out) and wouldn't drop the price without them. I was about to make an offer when the wife chimed in "We're not here to buy the wheels, we want to buy the car!" He got all pissy and we left.
Daman is offline   Reply With Quote