View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 11:27 PM   #1366
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

The latest is that I will be renting a flat bed trailer with winch (hopefully) and I'll deliver my frame and core support to the fabricator, "Mike" later this week.

Then I'll head over to the body shop to pick up the cab & front fenders and also deliver those the shop to help Mike revise the front suspension centerline. He has located three 6.0 LS iron block engine & 4l80e transmission combo's. One set will be purchased for my truck. They will be entirely disassembled for inspection and the engine will get new rings, bearings & seals. The transmission gets rebuilt but I confess I don't know enough about transmission rebuilds to state what parts are changed. What I have been told is there are lists of upgrades that can be done to the 4l60e trannies to beef them up, but many fewer ones needed by the 4l80e.

At the same time, Mike will order the Flat Out Engineering ifs crossmember and they will also provide the C4 Vette parts as well. A newly rebuilt power rack will be included.

I'll post some pictures of the parts movement for my permanent record but the "new" parts won't be seen yet.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 08-27-2016 at 11:33 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote