View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 05:57 PM   #329
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Time to put bump the Paintman back to the top with an update. Still plugging along. It's amazing how close things look to being done but then you look around and see 50 different little things unfinished that take up sooooooo much time.

I had to figure out a new way of attaching my front bumper. For those of you that have been following along for the last 4 -5 years, you'll recall I had to extend my front frame rails to accomodate the Scott's front sway bar (see post 11). Looking back, although Justin told me the front end kit he had was for a 46, I don't think they really ever had installed one with a sway bar. My frame rails were about 2" to give me enough room to bolt the bushing housings to the frame. long story short I just made up some extensions to the fram and welded them on. But that caused interferenc issues with the original factory bumpre horns. So I had to nix them. The solution was to just make up new 1/4 flat plates and bolt them to the outside of the frame rails. The two forward most holes will be where the bumper bolts to. I guess on a positive note these plates will help re-inforce the extensions to the frame. I certainly feel like the guinea pig for Scott's Hot Rods as I have seen others like Chizzler and SolidAxel mount there sway bar totaly different.
[/URL]

[/URL
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote