View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 06:57 AM   #267
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

I definitely took advantage of the crew cab being out the shop. It was time to clean and do some more organizing. As soon as this shop was dried in I have been working in it and haven't made my lofts or anything so crap just ends up on the floor. It was nice to actually have some space to move around and clean up. I didn't have the materials to build shelves or loft but I did get some organizing done and relative things grouped together and some items hung on the wall to gain more floor space. What helped the most was the two free shelves. I have vertical space aplenty. More motivation to actually finish the shop. Ugh I still need to actually wire the damn lights and all I have up instead of this temporary lights I have now but that's for another day.

Upon cleaning I came across all the tools I have been missing!! Also realized that it was time for a big boy tool box. I have just been tossing tools everywhere because I have had no where to put them. My little 3 drawer craftsman tool box has been filled since forever. So I found this nice tool box on sale for labor day at home depot and snatched it up. It was even cheaper than harbor freight one and is longer! Just a few less drawers.

Also took some time to go to my buddies house to check out what his other set of friends had going on. They had travelled to his place to use his lift to install 6" lift and xover steering on this convertible k5. Really makes me want a k5. What was really nice was that he had some parts left over he was giving away and I scored a free raised steering arm for my 87 LS swap when I get around to doing the 4" lift.

With some help I got the crew back in the shop to be prepped for the paint!

Before paint, I needed some welding finished. So my buddy came over and welded in my fish plates, shock mount, and some nuts for my trans hump to make it easily removable.

Time for paint! I will say, spraying it vs brushing is so much better and faster! In the end it only took a tad more than the 1 quart that summit sells to get all this done!

It is such a good feeling to have this done!!! It is time to start running new brake lines, fuel lines and such. Mount the tank permanently, put the bed on and move the fuel door. Also mount the rear hitch as well. I feel like this is a good turning point on the next set of progress for sure! I have almost all my steering components, minus the drop pitman arm. So that will be going on soon. Also need to install the ds locking hubs and take the passenger side one off b/c I tightened down the nut too tight and it is hard to turn the rotor, like really hard.

Any advice on:

Running New Brake lines
New Fuel lines
Shortening the park brake cable
Lift pump & filters for the DS4 pump
2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote