View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 11:12 AM   #194
HUSSEY

Re: "Albert" -- 1949 AD, S10 Chassis

Getting everything wired up is my next major task at hand. I’ve divided up the wiring into three major groups 1) Power Supply and Starting System, 2) Engine Wiring, and 3) Chassis Wiring. The engine wiring is in place and was fairly easy though I still have couple circuits I have to integrate into the chassis wiring harness. I’ve also got the power supply done.

I made up a hot start kit for my starter anticipating possible hot start issues with headers, been there before. On the starter I used a small piece of copper tubing hammered flat to jump the start terminal and the battery cable terminal. I then installed a Ford starter solenoid back at the battery. This keeps the starter power cable from being powered all the time and will reduce the start terminal wiring voltage drop notorious on hot GM starter solenoids which pull a decent amount of current. For the starter cable I used 1/0 AWG welding cable I picked up on eBay.

I have two power supply cables. Each of the power supply cables run through a maxi fuse made by Cooper Busman, these holders are nice and were around $10. The power cables are 6 AWG welding cables. One supply runs to the cab which provides power to the fuse block. The other runs to the front of the truck which will provide power to the electric fan, headlights, and future fog lights (via relays). Everything is hooked up to the battery via military style battery terminals. Here are a few in-progress pics.