View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 03:52 PM   #2246
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

So, back to the drawers, some plywood and jigsaw, aided by a nail gun.

Made quick work of this lot.

Followed by paint.

Got the purpose yet?

Yes, vertical planters to hang from your fence panels or posts with trailing flowers growing out the side.
The plan was to make some little labels for them as well, to be done later.

While I was at the yard earlier I had seen this cast iron spiral staircase that had been smashed, and picked this little piece up. This is what I love about the yard, alway something interesting.

Brought it home, along with my other scraps......

Cut smaller with the grinder and trimmed the broken pieces off it. Photo was a selfie...... Figure out how to do it ??

Tidied all the sharp edges up on the linnisher in the shed.

Really loved the worn patina look and decided not to pop it into the blasting cabinet.

Raced down to Chatham, parked in the multi storey car park and walked down to the Turkish shop Imlike to buy my fresh produce from, a hole lot nicer, cheaper and personal service than the supermarket chains.
Sadly you need to run the gauntlet of this lot to get to them.

Then back home to wait for Miss Katy to get here, she has a very full schedule, so I managed to squeeze 18 great hours out of her and it was great time.

She got here by 5pm and by 5.15 we were walking up to the farm as she needed to just unwind after the killer week that she had.

Pretty happy for a Not Romantically Involved pair of juvenile adults.

Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote