View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 07:56 PM   #17
McDeezl

Re: '72 GMC long/fleet in Ottawa area

Things are moving ahead slow but sure.
Main thing is it is now running, everything good, no leaks, engine-tranny-diff-rad-PS
All working and rolling nicely.
Installed a Russell / Aeroquip fuel inlet to carb - a few adventures in plumbing but came out ok.
Bigger adventures in plumbing with the lower rad hose - not the first and certainly not the last to go through this issue with the 350 SB and the turnkey crate stuff didn't help with the challenge. The aluminum front housing for the accessory drives makes clearance coming off the water pump super tight. Ended up using two identical hoses, cut the sections from each to make it fit with a straight section of steel pipe in between to get the angles right. Spent hours going through threads on here seeing what other guys did to get around that.
Love the sound of the exhaust, came out better than I had hoped - Sanderson headers with Flowmaster dual 44's .... neighbours are going to love me now - not!!
Got the cab floor completed with Buzzmat insulation ... didn't feel like paying mega $$ for Dynamat for essentially the same thing and local shop had it in stock for a reasonable price.
Gas tank is in and fully connected running fuel to the pump. Not sure what I'll do yet with the EEC ports and fuel return which I no longer have with this setup. Don't plan on putting the charcoal canister back in either. Could just plug them and make up a vented cap I guess.
Next up ... steering column (new aftermarket tilt), bleed brakes, throttle cable and pedal linkage. Still waiting for a few small parts on backorder from Bill's and I can tackle those. Gotta paint the outer fenders before snow flies here but the innners are done now with matte black, same as rad support.
Attached Images