View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 05:43 AM   #285
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

I started to bolt down the bed. I was prepared to have to drill holes and all, but wow. All the carriage bolts just fell right in. Except the 2 closest to the tailgate. When I checked them out it was only b/c the hole was too small. So I just have to drill out those 2 holes. However, as you can see I may need to widen some holes to get it flush with the body, somehow it is off a tad on the DS.

I also cleaned and mounted the front prop valve and brake lines.

I need to find some steel braided hoses to go to the calipers, as well as steel braided hose to go from rearend up to the frame. Any ideas, should I make them myself?

I had a little bit of time and decided I wanted to see about the hitch more. I pulled out the one I originally made for the 87.

With some slight modification, I got it to set up in there.

I am going to model up some new 1/4" side plates for mounting, but I don't like the dainty square tubing even if it is 1/4" wall tubing. So I decided to cut the mounting plates of the k5 blazer hitch I had and I am going to make some more mounting plates for it instead as well as tuck it a little closer to the bumper. Its for aesthetics really, I just don't like the hitch to be hanging all crazy out there and way low.

Hopefully this week I can get my gear box rebuild finished up and work on the mounting plate for the hydroboost setup.

At this time I am also trying to finish plumbing lines and finding all the new holes I have to drill in the rear of the frame. So hopefully the next time I remove the bed it will be the last time until paint.

Also, I measured the body lines and it appears the front is about 2.5" higher than the rear. So after it is all together with all the weight on and the 35"s I will see about the height. If I can live with it being that much taller in the front I will add to the rear to level it out. However, I am pretty sure it will be too high and I will have to swap out the front springs. Time will tell.
2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote