View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 08:22 AM   #44
Hart_Rod

Re: Need some help with tuning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinebarger View Post
I got the AC working, Wired it like shown in Post #20 to reverse the polarity of the 12vdc AC Request & turn the Compressor Relay on anytime the AC is requested, I do not have any sort of "Over Pressure" protection at the moment.

But my Fans work great! And respond too AC Head Pressure even without a valid AC request.

I bumped the AC off Idle Tables up a little (550 vs 525).

All in all.....A/C Request is not a big deal & I wouldn't reinvent the wheel just to get it working, I've been driving my car for 3 weeks & have never turned the A/C off

Your situation is a little different than mine....
Install the Vintage Air Binary in the Drier like normal & run your Compressor wire though it......This will give you High & Low pressure protection.
LOW is OFF @ 28PSIG - ON @ 29PSIG
HIGH is OFF @ 454PSIG - ON @ 369PSIG

For the GM Pressure Transducer, It is 10mm/1.25, You will need to add it into the Liquid Line (#6) somewhere, Vintage Air, Old Air etc. don't have a clue what the h-ell your talking about if you call them. But it is very common in industrial/heavy duty applications, Here is an example....http://www.truckerac.com/achofiforgos.html The Transducer will screw right on.

You will need to drain the oil out of the GM/Denso Compressor.
2 oz. in the Compressor.
2 oz. in the Condenser.
2 oz. in the Evaporator.
6 oz. total.
Use ONLY PAG 46! Required for Denso Compressors!!!

If you do not want to drain the Compressor, The Compressor is used & no oil got dumped......There will be "approximately" 2 oz. of oil in the Compressor.
2 oz. in the Condenser.
2 oz. in the Evaporator.
Keep in mind this is guessing & I do not like it!!

If this is a NEW GM/Denso....It will come charged with 8 oz. of PAG 46. Read the paper work to confirm, Drain 2 oz. out & do not distribute oil anywhere else.
Glad you got yours working the way you want.

I installed the pressure/transducer switch in the high pressure line with the fitting you suggested, but I'm confused. It's a 3 wire switch, so I assumed it was a trinary switch similar to the one you can purchase from Vintage air. Is that incorrect? I wired the a/c "on" signal from the Vintage Air unit to a green wire from my Speartech EFI harness that was labeled a/c request. I just assumed the pressure transducer handled everything else.

As far as the compressor, it's virtually brand new as the motor and transmission only have 10 miles on them. However, neither have been started in 10 years.....sooooo...WWCBD?

Thanks for the info - Rob

EDIT: Perhaps I need to ask more questions and give more info: (keep in mind that I have not started the truck yet....)

1) Is my compressor analog or cycling (its from a 2005/6 Tahoe)
2) I used part number 95018104, is that a pressure switch or pressure transducer?
3) It has 3 wires that go to it, what functions does/should it provide?
4) My EFI harness has a plug that fits into the compressor, has one for the 95018104 switch/transducer that I installed into the liquid line, and an AC request wire that I connected to the Vintage Air a/c request signal wire. So, should I have a high and low protection? Should the fan(s) come on when I turn the a/c on or when head pressure goes high?
5) Did I just totally blow up your thread and do you want me to start another one??????

To throw more fuel on the fire, I found this thread on LS1Tech: http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...ector-ecu.html
Attached Images

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 09-13-2016 at 10:14 AM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote