View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 11:56 AM   #684
nail pounder

Re: how about some pics of 60-66 long beds

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatless View Post
Say, what paint did you use on the exterior to get that light blue? I'm looking for something very similar.
I took the original blue paint code to the local supplier and had a gallon of single stage mixed up. I sprayed my saw horses and it was a little too light so I got extra blue tint and added until my wife and daughter made me stop and that's the color. I think I added about 4oz of the blue tint. The white is Bombay ivory. This was only the second paint job I've ever done, and I painted it over the course of a couple weekends. I learned that outside temperature has a HUGE effect on paint. My paint flowed the best when it was about 60° outside. I painted the wheels, tool box and tailgate when it was 57° and they probably came out the best, no wetsanding needed . That's just my beginner experience. I used a medium harder and reducer, a finish line 4 gun and my 60gal compressor. Then wet sanded the snot out of it and went through the buffing compounds. It cost me about $425 in pant then another $100 in sandpaper and buffing compound. I had a quote from Earl schieb(cheap painter) for $2000, which was more than I wanted to spend on a cheapo paint job, so I just did it. I learned a lot and will paint the 58 myself as well, hopefully it will be even better.
nail pounder is offline   Reply With Quote