View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 06:51 PM   #42
Mrturner1

Re: Diagnosing a misfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969c10joe View Post
just sittin here waiting for parts the vacuum pump has a gauge on it the vacuumgauge in cab helps me tunemy carb and save gas. torque wrenches are a must. I noticed you invest in tools so just thought id suggest . ive got a cool multimeter has digital tach even a temp probe
I was actually thinking about putting a vacuum gauge in the cab, but I figured money would be better spent on the one used under the hood to tune. Do you just watch the gauge at different throttle positions and then tune from there?

You're right on about the carb, I put a set of spark plugs in it 2 weeks ago and they looked just like the ones I pulled yesterday after only a few short trips to the store.

These guys have seen me go from not being able to use a timing light to rebuilding a top end on my small block, and there's kind of an ongoing joke about how much unnecessary (and sometimes detrimental lol) wrenching I do on my truck haha I actually REPLACED HEAD GASKETS once about 4 months ago because I thought I blew one, and when I got it all back together it turned out to be one of my spark plug wires wasn't clipped in all the way on the distributor cap lol it's been fun.
Mrturner1 is offline   Reply With Quote