View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 12:03 PM   #6
B. W.

Re: Need help with drying air

I use a Devilbiss/Camair dryer (130525) $188.00 on Amazon. The filter/desiccant bag will last well over one paint job. I use it infrequently so I usually have to change it with every job. This is a "middle of the road" option, there are certainly better one but cost goes with them. I would not go cheap, when you are finally ready to lay down paint & you look at the cost/time involved to get there, you don't want moisture problems. (or the cost/time to re-prep after a problem). I'm not a painter but I do a fair amount of painting (does that make sense?)

Just as important as the dryer is plumbing the air lines properly, as said by others, you need to keep the tank drained & if the first run of pipe coming out of the tank goes straight up as high as you can get it, this will help cool the air & the moisture will drain back into the tank. Some painters recommend a minimum length of pipe between the tank & the gun, if space is limited you can just go up & down the wall with your pipe to make up distance (you must install drains at all "bottoms". I have about 50' between my tank & gun.

Bobby

the dryer in your link will do an excellent job, overkill (if that's possible)

Last edited by B. W.; 09-18-2016 at 12:05 PM. Reason: didn't click on your link!
B. W. is offline   Reply With Quote