View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 12:20 PM   #71
midniteblues

Re: Diagnosing a misfire

Dude bro...your lash is fine .15-.18 is ok but ya gotta remember a good warm engine things will expand some and loosen up.

Its a shame somebody cant masterlock up your internals and keep you out of the innards!

VERY BIG QUESTIONS HERE.

Did you replace that oe resistor wire properly? Please tell me you did. Gotta feed it the proper 12v juice for that coil and plugs too fire properly and burn all of the cly. Fuel/air charge

Do you have more than enough clean and proper engine to frame to body grounds? If ya feed the plugs the good 12v its gotta have a good clean path to travel out of the block and back too the charge system. Believe it or not bad motor grounding can lead too weak spark and fouled plugs.

If your bowls are "half" way up the sight plug the float level is too high.

You should be able too remove the plug and have no fuel come out of the hole while its running.
Only if you gently rock the truck should it trickle out.
That is a starting point for float level.Start there and adjust the float up during test runs. After you get the plugs too stay clean.

A 750 is big but can be made too work ok.
At this point i would not be concerned with the power valve forget about it for now unless you had a serious back fire.

You need to find what your fuel pressure is. Holleys can take alot but you can still over power the needle and seat.

Can you turn mixure screws all the way in "lightly" seated will it still run without dying out?

Your getting TOO much fuel and also you could not be burning it completely.
Lets be sure you dont have dirt in the needle and seat and good fuel flow.

There is lots of little bits of very good advice in this thread its up too you on what you do with it.

Btw i would give g.o.m the key😁
'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.
midniteblues is offline   Reply With Quote