View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 05:19 PM   #1425
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

I hope you guys don't mind my asking an opinion about the loss of my dually? Moderators, if I shouldn't do this please delete this post.

I've searched eBay nationwide and only found ONE truck close to what mine was: A 2007.5 (when the body style changed to mine) w/20k more miles but otherwise almost identical (diff color and non-stock "simulators"). Asking is $39k+.

Kelly Blue Book estimates its value under "Private Party Value" (excellent condition) - hard to prove now but it was - at $38, 132. "Trade in Range" it says $35,278 - $39, 925.

Here's the question:
If a dealer could get a truck like mine w/so few miles(highly unlikely it seems), they got it by paying in these ranges, right? So isn't it correct to assume they would sell it for more to make a profit? So if I'm trying to replace my truck shouldn't my settlement amount be higher than these numbers (less the deductible of course)? Dealer isn't going to sell to me for NO profit. And all this doesn't address the extras, Linex bedliner, running boards, air bags, Magnum hitch, WeatherTech mats.

Opinion/experiences appreciated. - Dan

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote