View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 03:57 PM   #6
SS Tim

Re: New addition just arrived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006gmcdmax View Post
I would like show off my latest acquisition.

1971 K10 Suburban Custom Deluxe.

I do have a couple questions about the truck that I can not seem to find any answers.

1. Was the top of the dash painted to match the dash pad color?

2. What kind of upholstery was SPID code 660?
The forward dash (and vents) were painted a flat color called Dark Sandelwood. The Ditzler color code for this 23375. It is a flattened version of the steering column paint Ditzler 23374. Since it is often hard to get trim code paints you might need to color match the unfaded portion of the column. This would provide both gloss for the column and a 0% gloss flattened for the upper forward dash.

The upholstery I covered in another thread for you.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=7720710

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006gmcdmax View Post
To my knowledge carpet was never an option on the 67-72 Burbs. I may be wrong? My truck still has one piece of the sandlewood floor mat under the rear heater in the cargo area. Carpet is my only option in sandlewood so that's what's going in.
Carpet was included in 72 Suburbans when optioned with the A52 Custom Deluxe vinyl trim (parchment only# upgrade or the Highlander Plaid trim upgrade. The section#s) carpeted depended on how many seats were ordered.

Since you need custom made seat covers to be correct and a correct color full mat, to my knowledege, isn't reproduced you might consider going to the all vinyl covers to more correctly match the intended carpet.
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote