View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 11:05 PM   #64
SHANE 73Z

A long overdue update

Hey all,

Jus figured I'd show you some improvements & additions since I have been enjoying my GMC.

I finally made some progress on 3 major issues.

-I had a serious driveline vibration @70 mph and up. I went through various combinations of used OEM & a new pinion yoke & 3 different u-joints, but we are finally highway friendly.

-The next was an AGR steering box that wasnt right out of the gate. I tried doing everything up to a completely factory adjustment (input & output both). I was excited as they claimed it was a 14:1 straight ratio with a firmer servo valve. It had a dead spot in the middle of about 3/4" side to side.

The solution: Redhead Steering gear 15:1 ratio. Perfect 1/4"-3/8" freeplay in the middle. Bolted on, bled, done.

-The last was ignition gremlins. I'm disappointed in my lack of attention to detail in my original assembly. It seems a combination of things added up to some dead parts.

But one of the fixes leads us to our favorite things.......pics!

New coil bracket 3/8" aluminum carved on my co-workers garage 3-axis CNC. He also built my throttle return bracket.

On my desk, with a "truck" USB drive

Installed on upper booster studs (not used with manual MC)

Last edited by SHANE 73Z; 10-01-2016 at 11:40 PM.
SHANE 73Z is offline   Reply With Quote