View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 02:07 AM   #66
SHANE 73Z

Re: Shane's build thread

Up until this point, I had been drving without anything on the floor boards. I needed both ome sound dampening & heat insulation. I used the black Second Skin Damplifier. Then I added 3/8" jute insulation and a factory rubber mat.

I also was unsatisfied with the Scat Lowback buckets. They are rather flat and would be suitable for a cruiser, but I didnt feel like they lived up to the capabilities of the rest of the truck. Also the stock repro console and shifter just didnt work together.

So I purchased a Corbeau frame for our trucks, to mount the CR1s from my Camaro. Like the Scat frame, I had the legs shortened approx 3". This is about a low as I can go & still get to the mounting bolts.

The console is a GM option part that was meant for the second row of an 07-14 Suburban with captains chairs. Some slight modification and bolted to the seat frame. Cool also, as it is a 2 piece affair. There is a mounting plate that the top portion snaps onto. I'll get a pic to add later.